Friday, November 28, 2008

How to use Bookmarking sites to drive traffic

I have been for a while trying out some bookmarking sites, how they work, how you can get traffic from, how they grow your popularity.
I have gone through the following websites
If you are a simple user then I recommand Google Bookmark, it's the simplest and the fastest.
You need only the Google Toolbar on your browser to bookmark and access favorited links.
However if you are a webmaster then it's a different thing, you'd better then choose Delicious, as it's the most popular and most used application in the web to bookmark links.


The Chart shows something unusual, like if Delicious popularity explode in few days, however I know it I have many months.
The reason is that the Delicious team seams to changed their url from Icio.us to delicious.com.
But we never mind for that.

A website with such traffic can be very important to promote your links with.
As you know or you don't know, I have a Qr-Code generator website. So I have tried to bookmark it with Delicious.

After 2 months I noticed the following


I already have 27 people bookmarking my link but how did they found it?
Simply Delicious connected some people I don't really know that they are set to fans and let them see my bookmark and as it interested them, they did bookmark it and so on.

The Delicious result was great as I have few fans (only 3)
It's also really strange how they did found me, because I did done no activity on that site.
Finally let's show you some tips to grow your Delicious account

  • Bookmark links : Bookmark all the hot link, because your profile name will show there and you'll certainly get some promotion from this link.
  • Put notes on link : As few peoples do it then you are likely to get more promotion
  • Add other people to your network
  • Promote your Delicious Network through Twitter or a blog post.

No comments:

Find us on

Blogging Tips Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory